Announcements: November 14, 2010
1. Presenting their children for baptism today:
Grant & Laura Rusk with Dayne Williams
Justin & Terri Tindall with Rose Minnie
2. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
3. This Week:
➢Elizabeth Gilchrist Unit meet at 1:30p.m. Monday, November 15th in the Meeting Room
4. MUSIC MAKERS
Celebration Ringers …………….Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers …………………..Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir …………………….Thursday 7:30 p.m.
The Pic Ups ……………….November 21 at 9:15 a.m.
If you would like to take part in the music program, come at the given times or if you would like more information call Gladys Jack @ 780 875-4535.
Kidz Choir- Sunday, following worship.
Come and join us. Please call Margo Hines (875-3586) if you would like more information.
5. Young Couples Social, November 20 @ 5:30 P.M. Italian theme so dress accordingly! Babysitting service provided. All young couples with families are encouraged to attend. Young singles are welcome too.
Please RSVP to the church office by
November 15th. Anyone wishing to help with this please contact Lyle and Diane Mabbott @875-9763.
6. A note from the Sunday School Teachers
During their Sunday school classes on Nov. 14th (and possibly Nov. 28th) the Sunday school children will be making Christmas crafts. They will be able to make one to sell and one to take home if they wish. We will have three craft stations set up on the Kindergarten - Grade 3 Sunday school level. These crafts will be sold on Dec. 5 and 12th after church with the proceeds going to Marta our sponsored child from Guatemala.
7. Camp Whitney Annual General Meeting Saturday, November 20th at First United Church in Vermilion at 10:00 a.m. Followed by a ‘pot luck’ lunch. Any interested parties are welcome to attend.
8. FOOD PANTRY
Thanks to our very generous church family, the donations to our Food Pantry have been terrific. This week the items most needed are Cold Cereal, Hot Cereal, Tinned Fruit, Skim milk powder & Spaghetti sauce.
9. Poinsettia Project
The Friendship and Visitation Committee are pleased to again carry out the Christmas Poinsettia project. The church will be alive with poinsettias on December 12, and on Monday, December 13, volunteers will deliver the beautiful plants to newly bereaved and shut-ins. These plants bring Christmas cheer to many recipients. Anyone wishing to make a cash donation toward this project may do so at the office. Thank you for your support.
10. November 24th, 9:00 a.m. Worship Committee could use help decorating the church for Christmas.
11. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
12. Worship Leaders – looking ahead:
November 21 Alison Weaver
November 28 Ted Haas – Advent 1
December 5 Ted Haas – Advent 2
December 12 Ted Haas – Advent 3 – White Gift
December 19 Ted Haas – Advent 4
13. December 24th – Christmas Eve:
6:30 p.m. Christian Development Committee
8:30 p.m. Pat Ribey
December 26th – no service
13. We need someone to do the service at the Pioneer on November 28th at 1:30 p.m. Contact Diane or Lyle Mabbott (875-9763) if you can do this.
14. Announcements need to be in by noon on Thursday if you would like them in the bulletin for Sunday.
15. Cards Cards Cards …for all occasions
Pat Smith sends cards to our Church Family if anyone has a big/special birthday or anniversary, is ill or in case of bereavement – please call Pat 875-0724 if you know of anyone that we can support in this way.
15. TRANSITION TEAM TIDBITS
The document "Interim Minister's Position Description" created by this committee is on the bulletin board in the Narthex for any interested person to review. Search for an Interim Minster is taking place.
What Interim Ministers say About change....
Respond to hurt as hurt ---not as a problem to be solved
Provide people with the language to help them talk about faith things and identity
Members of the Transition Team are Darrel Howell, Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Heidi Potter, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps - Judy Frey and Lois Greenlay Burwash.
16. UNTIMELY ANSWERED PRAYER
During the minister’s prayer one Sunday, there was a loud whistle from one of the back pews. Tommy’s mother was horrified. She pinched him into silence and, after church, asked, “Tommy, whatever made you do such a thing?”
Tommy answered soberly, “I asked God to teach me to whistle, and he did!”
17. Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products so please consider this when dressing for church.