Announcemnets: July 18
1. Presenting their children for baptism today:
Trevor & Jodi Gilby presenting Hannah Elizabeth, Avery Kaitlyn and Liam James
Curtis & Kirsten Going presenting Shaun Donald
Don & Janelle Sherwick presenting Brock James and Ben John
2. Camp Whitney: Needed for the last week in July, Camp Nurse - must have current 1st Aide Certificate plus CPR, also kitchen help and help with crafts for the children, only qualification for these are willing hands and a love of children. Phone Diane Mabbott
@ 780-875-9763 if you are interested.
3. Upcoming services – Worship Leaders: July 25 – Bob Smith
4. Worship Committee need a person or a group to lead services at the Hemstock (2:15 p.m.) and Jubilee (3:15 p.m.) Sunday, August 15th. If you are interested please call Diane or Lyle Mabbott @875-9763 or leave your name at the office.
5. The Transition Team had its first meeting on Monday, July 5. The group discussed the role and responsibilities of a transitional team and those of a Transitional Minister. The team will continue to meeting over the summer.
6. The United Church Observer
Observer list – to be updated June-July. If you are not receiving our church magazine and would like to please call the office 875-8959. We are on the family plan so pay all at once but a donation of $15.00 is appreciated.
7. Great News!
We are on Facebook! Hopefully you will ‘like’ us and join the page. Announcements from the bulletin will be posted along with highlights from Sunday service and committee updates!
****We also have a Grace “BLOG” - check it out at
8. Congregational Meeting:
June 7, 2010 a Congregational Meeting was held to appoint a ‘transitional team’ needed to look for and work with an ‘interim minister’ and to consider the recommendations from the Options for the Future Committee. At this meeting Shirley Aston, Heidi Potter, Darrel Howell and Brenda Ellison were appointed to the transitional team.
Ken Kay (chair of the Options Committee) reviewed the options for our church building with a recommendation to repair the current building. After much discussion –and several motions the final motion to build a new church on a new site accepting Musgrave’s offer of property was carried. The complete minutes of the June 7th meeting are in the narthex or at the office. (they are in draft form until our next congregational meeting to accept them)
9. THESE DAYS – daily devotional booklet: July/August/September edition is in. (In the Narthex) “These Days” are provided by Church in Society.
10. Roots & Wings Regional Women’s Gathering 2010
October 22nd – 24th at the Nisku Inn and Conference Center. Sponsored by Alberta Northwest conference UCW. Application forms on the bulletin board or at the office.
11. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
12. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
13. Some members of the congregation are allergic to scented products so please consider this when dressing for church.
14. Summer Office Hours:
July – the office will be open 9 a.m. – 12 noon and 1 – 4:30 p.m.
****when necessary bank and post office run will be at 4 p.m. so the office will be closed at this time
August – will be open the same hours as July with the exception of the following days closed to allow for staff holidays:
- closed Monday, August 2nd for the civic holiday
- closed Wednesday, August 4th
- closed Friday, August 6th in the afternoon
- closed Monday, August 9th
- closed Wednesday, August 11th
- closed Friday, August 13th in the afternoon