News from the Bulletin: June 27th
1. The United Church Observer Observer list – to be updated June-July. If you are not receiving our church magazine and would like to please call the office 875-8959. We are on the family plan so pay all at once but a donation of $15.00 is appreciated!
2.Daily Devotional Booklet - "These Days": July/August/September edition is in.
Please help yourself from the table in the Narthex. “These Days” are provided
by the Church in Society Committee.
3.Irene Herring has been an active member of our congregation for some time and serves
on the Friendship and Visitation Committee. Irene has now transferred her membership
to Grace United. Thank you Irene for being a part of Grace.
4.Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary Ted and Graci Haas and Hans and Mary Ellen Luthie!
5. Camp Whitney Needed for the last week in July, Camp Nurse - must have current 1st Aide Certificate plus CPR, also kitchen help and help with crafts for the children, only qualification for these are willing hands and a love of children. Phone Diane Mabbott @ 780-875-9763 if you are interested.
6. More Camp News: We have received money anonymously for a Camp Scholarship. This is to go to a child within our Grace Family that attends our Sunday School and would like to go to United Church Camp Whitney. If you would like to apply for this scholarship please send your application to: Camp Whitney Societyc/o Lyle Mabbott 5716 35th St, Lloydminster Ab.T9V 1X1
7. Roots & Wings Regional Women’s Gathering 2010 October 22nd – 24th at the Nisku Inn and Conference Center. Sponsored by Alberta Northwest conference UCW. Application forms on the bulletin board or at the office.
8. FAIR BOOTH CLEAN-UP: Fair Booth clean-ups are July 6th at 6:30 p.m. and July 7th at 1:00 p.m. We need people to come out and help us get the booth “sparkling clean”!!! We are especially in need of volunteers for Tuesday evening. Sign up sheets are in the
Narthex today or call Karen Ollen at 825-2976.
9. Youth Needed to help sell pop, water, coffee, bars, freezies - and yes POPCORN!!! at the Fair and Chuckwagons. Youth/adults to work selling in the grandstand, making and bagging popcorn, or at the windows further details from Sherlane, at 780 875-7918 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
10. We still need volunteers to help with the church booth! Sign Up in the Narthex!