Announcements: August 1, 2010
1. August 1st: Joyce Dickson will be leading services at Dr. Hemstock (2:25 p.m.) and Jubilee Home (3:15 p.m.) Please come and join in – all are welcome!
2. Chuck Wagon Finals are August 19th - 22nd. The shifts start at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday to Saturday, Sunday shifts start at 11:30 a.m. If you can help, or know someone who can, please call Karen Ollen 306-825-2976.
3. Upcoming services – Worship Leaders:
August 8 – Alison Weaver
August 15 – Bob Smith
August 22 – Rev Gerald Wallace
August 29 – Pat Ribey
4. Transition Team Tidbits: The Transitional Team held its second meeting Tuesday, July 27th. Members of team are Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Heidi Potter, Darrel Howell, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps – Judy Frey and Lois Greenly Burwash. The term interim and transitional are interchangeable. Interim ministry is a special type of ministry that is needed at this time. The minister who fills this position will have specific tasks based on the goals being defined by the members of the committee. The placement of an interim minister has been approved by the congregation and St. Paul Presbytery.
5. What interim ministers say about change… people must be uncomfortable enough to want change, but comfortable enough to change.
6. Summer is a time to use up our ‘odds & sods’ …so you may notice that there are many different bulletin covers today.
7. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
8. Adults (male & female) are invited to a Gathering to Celebrate the "Martha and Mary" in all of us. We'll Celebrate, Laugh, Reflect, Play together! Location: Camp Whitney 12:30 Friday Sept. 10 to 11 AM Saturday Sept. 11! Registration forms in narthex- Deadline August 2. Cost per person $ 75.00 ( meals, accommodation)
9. Roots & Wings Regional Women’s Gathering 2010: October 22nd – 24th at the Nisku Inn and Conference Center. Sponsored by Alberta Northwest conference UCW. Application forms on the bulletin board or at the office.
10. Great News! We are on Facebook! Hopefully you will ‘like’ us and join the page. Announcements from the bulletin will be posted along with highlights from Sunday service and committee updates! ****We also have a Grace “BLOG” - check it out at
11. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
12. Some members of the congregation are allergic to scented products so please consider this when dressing for church.
13. Our Givings in June:
General fund $14,927 (+ $3,500 from U.C.W.)
Mission & Service $2,182 (+ $3,500 from U.C.W.)
Capital Reserve fund $687 Memorial Fund $85
Benevolent Fund $277 Pantry Donations $100
New Building fund $1,020
13. Grace United Target Giving Versus Budget. Click on image to view a larger version.