Announcements: September 5, 2010
1. Rev. Allen Darby Unit will meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, September 8th in the Upper Hall.
2. MUSIC THIS FALL: The Universal Language is about to begin! Starting:
Sept 9 (7:30 pm) Grace Choir
Sept 12 (9:15 am) The Pic Ups
Sept 20 (1:30 pm) Celebration Ringers
Sept 27 (7:30 pm) Grace Ringers
If you would like to take part in the music program, come at the given times or if you would like more information call Gladys Jack @ 780 875-4535.
Kidz Choir is postponed due to a family crisis. Practices will resume on Sundays after church. (Jeanne Smith)
3. LUNCH WITH A BUNCH: Monday, September 13th at 11:30 a.m. in the Upper Hall. Cost is $6.00 per person. There will be a General Executive meeting following lunch.
4.Roots & Wings Regional Women’s Gathering 2010: October 22nd – 24th at the Nisku Inn and Conference Center. Sponsored by Alberta Northwest conference UCW. Application forms on the bulletin board or at the office. Call Shirley 875-3996 or Diane 875-9478 to coordinate rides.
5.To Seek Justice and Resist Evil Banff Men’s Conference 2010: October 15-17, 2010 at Banff Center. Call Bill Luchynski 825-3694 to coordinate rides. Info and registration forms on bulletin board or at the office.
6.90th BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR WILMA SHARPE on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11,2010 at 2-4 PM UPPER HALL. IN LIEU OF GIFTS OR CARDS DONATIONS CAN BE MADE TO THE MISSION AND SERVICE FUND.EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
8.Adults (male & female) are invited to a Gathering to Celebrate the "Martha and Mary" in all of us. We'll Celebrate, Laugh, Reflect, Play together. Location: Camp Whitney at 12.30 Friday Sept. 10 to 11 AM Saturday Sept. 9. Registration forms in narthex- Deadline August 20. Cost per person $ 75.00 ( meals, accommodation).
10. Worship Leaders for September & October:
September 12 – Darrel Howell
September 19 – Lawrence Davidson
September 26 – Bob Smith
October 1 – Pat Ribey
October 17 – Rev. Dick Swaren - Communion & Baptism
11. Looking ahead:
➢Whittier Eggen Unit will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 14th in the Upper Hall.
➢Rev. Pridham Unit will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 14th.
➢Worship Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 15th in the Meeting Room.
➢Finance Committee meet at 5 p.m. Thursday, September 16th in the Meeting Room.
12. The Transition Team held its third meeting Wednesday August 25th. Members of the team are Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Heidi Potter, Darrel Howell, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps - Judy Frey and Lois Greenly Burwash.
The Transition team would like to share with the congregation the following goals they have drawn up for the Interim Ministry position.
(1) To bring unity to the congregation by addressing issues of:
• Regaining congregational trust in ministry personal
• Addressing and acknowledging the diverse views regarding the church facilities and the decision to build a new church
• Reviewing policies that affect the ministerial position such as funeral and wedding polices
(2) To provide clarity surrounding the ministry model and expectations
• By setting out specifics in hiring policies and job reviews regarding areas of work (personal involvement of minister in youth ministry)
• By devising ways to make sure everyone knows what is expected (minister and congregation)
(3) To claim who we are as a worshiping community through:
• A plan for welcome and joyful worship (use of technology, support and affirmation of volunteers)
(4) To define our outreach programs
• Examples: Youth ministry/Grace Pantry/Fair Booth/Summer Bible School/Camp Whitney/Garage Sales