Announcements: January 16, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. This Week
➢Youth Group meet Monday 7 – 8:30 p.m. at Grace.
Grace Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
PIC UPS– Jan. 23rd 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – January 23rd after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
4. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace Sunday January 23rd thru Wednesday January 26th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
5. Energy or Touch Healing: Energy or Touch Healing is a multi-faceted spiritual energy that can be used to help us with meditation practices, spiritual growth, healing relationships, pain control, stress management and manifestation of goals while working with the 4 bodies: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Loretta is willing to apply and share her knowledge and skills. Loretta will be in the meeting Room Monday 1 – 3 p.m.- for an appointment call 306-387-6601, or 780-808-1700.
6. UCW News
There will be a potluck supper for the ANNUAL UCW MEETING Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. Plan to attend!!!
Looking ahead: Worship
January 23 – Tom Sawyer
January 30 – Joyce Dickson
February 6 – Tom Sawyer
7. Our most important needs for the Food Pantry this week are: canned vegetables pork & beans
canned fruit spaghetti sauce
canned pasta dinners cold cereal
canned ham individual puddings
8. We Need Your Help!!
If anyone would like to lead the service at the Pioneer Lodge January 23rd at 1:30 p.m. please let Lyle Mabbott know 780-875-9763. We really need your help with this or we will have to cancel. Thanking you in advance.
9. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
10. “Come Drink from the Well”
A spirit-filled one day retreat
February 5, 2011, Grace United Church
9 AM-registration with refreshments
Retreat: 9.30 AM- 4 PM lunch included
Text: Luke 10: 38-42- we’ll explore two aspects of who we are: Martha (the worker) and Mary (the one who rests/contemplates).
A time of fun and renewal, and our souls will be fed through worship, singing, discussion, drumming, fun activities and eating together.
You are asked to bring 1 or 2 short funny jokes and an object that symbolizes the meaning of your work & life right now
Please register by January 31 with
Facilitator: Pat Ribey 306-825-0112