Announcements: January 23, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. This Week:
➢ Finance Committee meet at 5:00 p.m. Monday, January 24th for a potluck supper and meeting.
➢ Central Board meet at 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 26th.
➢ Youth Group meet youth will meet on Jan 31 7 – 8:30 p.m. and not this Monday, the 24, due to exams.
Grace Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
PIC UPS– Feb 13th- 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – today after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
4. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace Sunday January 23rd thru Wednesday January 26th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
5. A Note from the CD Committee:
As we begin Unit IV of our Sunday School lesson we are in need of volunteer teachers and helpers. If you are willing to relieve our present teachers for a Sunday or two, please contact Lorena Rogers @ (780-874-1033) or Sheila Coulter @ (306-825-7764). Thank-you in advance for your time and commitment to the children of
Grace United Church.
5. Energy or Touch Healing: Energy or Touch Healing is a multi-faceted spiritual energy that can be used to help us with meditation practices, spiritual growth, healing relationships, pain control, stress management and manifestation of goals while working with the 4 bodies: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Loretta is willing to apply and share her knowledge and skills. Loretta will be in the meeting Room Monday 1 – 3 p.m.- for an appointment call 306-387-6601, or 780-808-1700.
6. UCW News: There will be a potluck supper for the ANNUAL UCW MEETING Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.
7. Guest speaker will be Dana Smith, managing Editor of Meridian Booster. Dana will talk on his trip to Peru with a group called ‘Compassion’. Plan to attend!!!
8. Looking ahead: Worship
January 30 – Joyce Dickson
February 6 – Tom Sawyer
9. The major items needed for the Food Pantry are, tinned fruit, pork and beans, pasta dinners, rice dinners, 1 liter size juice, rolled oats, tinned vegetables and spaghetti sauce.
10. Parcels for Malawi
The Pridham UCW Unt is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
****Announcements – please have them in on Wednesday for the Sunday bulletin
If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
• Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products – please consider this when dressing for church.
• Please turn off your cel phone or put it to vibrate.
• Have you seen our Grace website, blog and facebook pages?
“Come Drink from the Well”
A spirit-filled one day retreat
February 5, 2011, Grace United Church
9 AM-registration with refreshments
Retreat: 9.30 AM- 4 PM lunch included
Text: Luke 10: 38-42- we’ll explore two aspects of who we are: Martha (the worker) and Mary (the one who rests/contemplates).
A time of fun and renewal, and our souls will be fed through worship, singing, discussion, drumming, fun activities and eating together.
You are asked to bring 1 or 2 short funny jokes and an object that symbolizes the meaning of your work & life right now
Please register by January 31 with
Facilitator: Pat Ribey 306-825-0112