Announcements: January 30, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
➢ Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her on Mondays at the church.
➢There will be a potluck supper for the ANNUAL UCW MEETING Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Dana Smith, managing Editor of Meridian Booster. Dana will talk on his trip to Peru with a group called ‘Compassion’. Plan to attend!!!
➢Youth Group meet Monday, Jan 31 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
PIC UPS– Feb 13th- 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – today after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
4. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace Sunday, February 6th to Wednesday, February 9th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
5. A Note from the CD Committee
As we begin Unit IV of our Sunday School lesson we are in need of volunteer teachers and helpers. If you are willing to relieve our present teachers for a Sunday or two, please contact Lorena Rogers @ (780-874-1033) or Sheila Coulter @ (306-825-7764). Thank-you in advance for your time and commitment to the children of Grace United.
6. The major items needed for the Food Pantry are, tinned fruit, pork and beans, rice dinners, 1 liter size juice, tinned vegetables, spaghetti and instant noodles.
7. Looking ahead: Worship
February 6 – Tom Sawyer February 20 – Tom Sawyer
February 13 – Bob Smith February 27 – Joyce Dickson
8.Parcels for Malawi
The Pridham UCW Unt is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
9. Mark your calendar……
o February 13th following church – Allen Darby Unit will be hosting a luncheon to raise funds for a school in Bolivia and Pueblito (a Latin charity)
o March 26th Pastoral Care Workshop
10. Announcements – please have them in by Wednesday for the Sunday bulletin. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
11. Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products – please consider this when dressing for church.
12. “Come Drink from the Well”
A spirit-filled one day retreat
February 5, 2011, Grace United Church
9 AM-registration with refreshments
Retreat: 9.30 AM- 4 PM lunch included
Text: Luke 10: 38-42- we’ll explore two aspects of who we are: Martha (the worker) and Mary (the one who rests/contemplates).
A time of fun and renewal, and our souls will be fed through worship, singing, discussion, drumming, fun activities and eating together.
You are asked to bring 1 or 2 short funny jokes and an object that symbolizes the meaning of your work & life right now
Please register by January 31 with
Facilitator: Pat Ribey 306-825-0112