Announcements: February 13, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. TODAY:– Allen Darby Unit are hosting a luncheon (casseroles, salads and deserts) to raise funds for a school in Bolivia and Pueblito (a Latin charity)
Please join us!
3. This Week:
➢ Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church.
➢ Youth Group meet Monday 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Pic Ups – Feb 27th- 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – today after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
4. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace on February 18th to February 20th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
5. Deadline for application for the Jr. Youth Rally in Ft. Sask., AB is Feb. 24. The rally is March 4-6 and we have, so far, 3 youth attending. Hope to see a couple more kids join us. Please call Loretta Mitchell for more information, 306-387-6601
6. A Note from the CD Committee:
As we begin Unit IV of our Sunday School lesson we are in need of volunteer teachers and helpers. If you are willing to relieve our present teachers for a Sunday or two, please contact Lorena Rogers @ (780-874-1033) or Sheila Coulter @ (306-825-7764). Thank-you in advance for your time and commitment to the children of Grace United.
7. Looking ahead: Worship
February 20 – Tom Sawyer
February 27 – Joyce Dickson
8. HELP!!!!! Our food pantry is getting empty, we gave out food for 80 individuals this last Tuesday. Following is a list of the most needed items, Skim Milk Powder, Cold Cereal, Juice - 1 litre size and tetra paks, Canned fruit, tuna, salmon, tinned ham, pork & beans, puddings, instant noodles. Cash donations would also be greatly appreciated.
9. Sunday Services at Jubilee and Hemstock
We are in need of someone to do the services on February 27th at the Jubilee(3:15p.m.) and Hemstock(2:15p.m.). If you could help out here please phone Lyle & Diane Mabbott @ 780-875-9763.
10. General UCW has set the following dates for 2011:
Spring Garage Sale – May 3, 4 & 5, 2011
Lunch with a Bunch – September 12, 2011
Fall Garage Sale – October 4, 5 & 6, 2011
11. Parcels for Malawi
The Pridham UCW Unit is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
12. Did you know that Grace United has PAR (pre authorized remittance) in place if you wish to give your offering by this method. Payments come out of you bank account monthly on the 21st. If you would like to sign up to PAR please contact the office.
****For those who use PAR …we now have cards to place in the offering plate on Sundays – talk to John Mitio if you would like some.
13. Register and mark your calendar…
Pastoral Care Workshop
sponsored by the Friendship and Visitation Committee
Saturday, March 26th Grace United Church - Lloydminster
Leaders - Rev Anne Pastuk, Rev. Alan Richards
Whether you visit as a friend, a family member, for the church or an organization the information provided at this workshop will be very helpful.
o A nominal fee will be charged
o Watch for more information in the coming weeks.
14. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)