Announcements: February 27, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. TODAY: Pat Ribey will do a drumming circle with the Sunday school children during the worship service today. This will be held downstairs in the church. All Sunday school children are welcome.
3. This Week
➢Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church.
➢Worship Committee meeting has been changed to Monday, March 14th at 9:00 a.m.
➢‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome!
4. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace March 13 - 16 - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Pic Ups – March 13th & 27th - 9:15 to practice;10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – today after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
6. Looking ahead: Worship
March 6 – Rev. Lorne Calvert – luncheon following service
March 13 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
March 20 – Pat Ribey
March 27 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
7. GRACE UNITED CHURCH ANNUAL MEETING YEAR END 2010
The Annual Meeting will take place Sunday March 13, 2011 . Immediately following the church service there will be a luncheon in the Upper Hall followed by the Annual Meeting at 12:30 p.m.
Mark you calendars and see you there!!!
8. Food Pantry - Our needs this week are CANNED FRUIT, canned vegetables, individual puddings, spaghetti, tuna, juice - 1 litre and tetra paks. Thank you once again for all your contributions.
9. General UCW has set the following dates for 2011:
Spring Garage Sale – May 3, 4 & 5, 2011
Lunch with a Bunch – September 12, 2011
Fall Garage Sale – October 4, 5 & 6, 2011
10. Parcels for Malawi
The Pridham UCW Unit is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
11. Did you know that Grace United has PAR (pre authorized remittance) in place if you wish to give your offering by this method. Payments come out of you bank account monthly on the 21st. If you would like to sign up to PAR please contact the office.
****For those who use PAR …we now have cards to place in the offering plate on Sundays – talk to John Mitio if you would like some.
12. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
13. Register and mark your calendar…
Pastoral Care Workshop sponsored by the Friendship and Visitation Committee
Saturday, March 26th 9:30 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Cost $15.00 Lunch provided
Grace United Church - Lloydminster
Registration with - Barb Russell 780-875-6070
Leaders - Rev Anne Pastuk, Rev. Alan Richards
Whether you visit as a friend, a family member, for the church or an organization the information provided at this workshop will be very helpful.
o A nominal fee will be charged
o Watch for more information in the coming weeks.