Announcements: March 6, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. This Week
➢Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church
➢Worship Committee meet Monday, March 14th at 9:00 a.m. in the Meeting Room
➢Whittier Eggen Unit of the UCW meet at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 8th in the Upper Hall
➢Pridham Unit meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 8th in the Meeting Room
➢Allen Darby Unit meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, March 9th in the Upper Hall
➢Lenten lunch series begins...
➢‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome! Talk to Pat Ribey for more info
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Pic Ups – March 13th & 27th - 9:15 to practice;
KIDZ Choir – no practice March 6th or 13th
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
4. GRACE UNITED CHURCH ANNUAL MEETING YEAR END 2010
The Annual Meeting will take place Sunday March 13, 2011 . Immediately following the church service there will be a luncheon in the Upper Hall followed by the Annual Meeting at 12:30 p.m. Annual reports in the Narthex- Financial statements available late in the week - Mark you calendars and see you there!!!
5. Please take 10 seconds to ensure our safety!
7:50 a.m. Monday, February 28th the outside door to the office area and the front door to the narthex were found ajar. Please check that the door is closed when you leave the building and if it is locked ensure the door catches and is indeed locked (even if you think someone else may be coming out after you). Staff and the many volunteers coming to work/meet in the building are put at risk when the doors are left open over night. Thank you Tedd for taking time out of your Monday morning to come and check the many places that a person could hide and ensure the church was a safe place to be for the rest of the day.
8. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace March 13 - 16 - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
9. Looking ahead: Worship
March 13 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
March 20 – Pat Ribey
March 27 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
10. COVENANTING SERVICE WITH REV.TOM SAWYER SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2011 @ 4 P.M.
FOLLOWED BY A POT LUCK SUPPER.
11. Beginning March 6, the coffee you drink after worship in the upper hall will be Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Church in Society.
WHY SUPPORT FAIR TRADE COFFEE?
Micah 6:8 calls us, as Christians, to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. We can answer this call by purchasing Fair Trade Coffee improving the lives of small-scale farmers around the world.
WHY is Fair Trade important?
Proverbs 13:23 says, “A poor man's field may produce abundant food, but injustice sweeps it away.” We enjoy coffee as a regular part of our fellowship, unaware that the farmers who grew that coffee are probably struggling to make ends meet.
12. Parcels for Malawi
The Pridham UCW Unit is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
13. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
14. Food Pantry - Our needs this week are Chicken Noodle Soup, Canned fruit, juice (tetra pak and 1 litre), spaghetti, pasta dinner and rice dinner.
Thank you once again for all your contributions.
15. PAR PAR PAR PAR PAR
Did you know that Grace United has PAR (pre authorized remittance) in place if you wish to give your offering by this method. Payments come out of you bank account monthly on the 21st. If you would like to sign up to PAR please contact the office.
****For those who use PAR …we now have cards to place in the offering plate on Sundays – talk to John Mitio if you would like some.
16. Pastoral Care Workshop sponsored by the Friendship and Visitation Committee
Saturday, March 26th 9:30 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Cost $15.00 Lunch provided
Grace United Church - Lloydminster
Registration with - Barb Russell 780-875-6070
Leaders – Rev. Mary Ann Pastuk, Rev. Alan Richards
Whether you visit as a friend, a family member, for the church or an organization the information provided at this workshop will be very helpful.