Announcements: February 6, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. This Week
➢Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church.
➢Youth Group meet Monday 7 – 8:30 p.m.
➢Whittier Eggen Unit of the U.C.W. meet at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, February 8th in the Upper Hall
➢Pridham Unit meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, February 8th in the Meeting Room.
➢Worship Committee meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday, February 9th in the Meeting Room
➢Allen Darby Unit meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, February 9th in the Upper Hall
➢February 13th following church – Allen Darby Unit are hosting a luncheon to raise funds for a school in Bolivia and Pueblito (a Latin charity)
3. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace Sunday, February 6th to Wednesday, February 9th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
PIC UPS– Feb 13th- 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – today after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
5. A Note from the CD Committee
As we begin Unit IV of our Sunday School lesson we are in need of volunteer teachers and helpers. If you are willing to relieve our present teachers for a Sunday or two, please contact Lorena Rogers @ (780-874-1033) or Sheila Coulter @ (306-825-7764). Thank-you in advance for your time and commitment to the children of Grace United.
6. The major items needed for the Food Pantry are, tinned fruit, pork and beans, rice dinners, 1 liter size juice, tinned vegetables, spaghetti and instant noodles.
7. Looking ahead: Worship
February 13 – Bob Smith February 20 – Tom Sawyer
February 27 – Joyce Dickson
8. General UCW has set the following dates for 2011:
-Spring Garage Sale – May 3, 4 & 5, 2011
-Lunch with a Bunch – September 12, 2011
-Fall Garage Sale – October 4, 5 & 6, 2011
Parcels for Malawi
9. The Pridham UCW Unit is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
10. Mark your calendar ……
o March 26th Pastoral Care Workshop led by Mary Ann Pastuck and Alan Richards ministers at Camrose United Church
11. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)