Announcements: March 13, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. ‘These Days’ daily devotional – April/May/June issue in – please help yourself. Supplied by Church in Society Committee
3. This Week:
Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church
4. Worship Committee meet Monday, March 14th at 9:00 a.m. in the Meeting Room
5. "Next youth meeting will be March 14 at 7:00-8:30 at the church (downstairs)."
6. Gilchrist Struthers Unit meet at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 15th in the Meeting Room
7. Lenten lunch series – Wednesdays during Lent
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Service: 12:20 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
8. ‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome! Talk to Pat Ribey for more info
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Pic Ups – March 27th - 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – no practice March 6th or 13th
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
10. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace March 13 - 16 - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
11. Looking ahead: Worship
March 20 – Pat Ribey
March 27 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
March 16th - Service – Tom Sawyer
March 23rd - Service – Irene Knowlson
March 30th - Service – Marge Nattress
April 6th - Service – Joyce Carson
April 13th - Service – Grace Choir
12. COVENANTING SERVICE WITH REV.TOM SAWYER SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2011 @ 4 P.M.
FOLLOWED BY A POT LUCK SUPPER.
13. Beginning March 6, the coffee you drink after worship in the upper hall will be Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Church in Society.
WHY SUPPORT FAIR TRADE COFFEE?
Micah 6:8 calls us, as Christians, to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. We can answer this call by purchasing Fair Trade Coffee improving the lives of small-scale farmers around the world.
WHY is Fair Trade important?
Proverbs 13:23 says, “A poor man's field may produce abundant food, but injustice sweeps it away.” We enjoy coffee as a regular part of our fellowship, unaware that the farmers who grew that coffee are probably struggling to make ends meet.
If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
14. Food Pantry - Thank you for all the great donations, our Food Pantry has been extremely busy in this cold weather. This week our main needs are: JUICE (both tetra pak and 1 litre size), canned fruit, canned vegetables, macaroni, individual puddings, skim milk powder and tinned ham.
15. Pastoral Care Workshop sponsored by
the Friendship and Visitation Committee
Saturday, March 26th 9:30 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Cost $15.00 Lunch provided
Grace United Church - Lloydminster
Registration with - Barb Russell 780-875-6070
Leaders – Rev. Mary Ann Pastuk, Rev. Alan Richards
Whether you visit as a friend, a family member, for the church or an organization the information provided at this workshop will be very helpful.
16. St. John’s Lenten Luncheons – 2011
(St. John’s Anglican Church, 4709 – 49 Avenue, Lloydminster) (Six Fridays in Lent, March 11 to April 15) Theme: “Thy Kingdom Come”
March 18: “The Law of the Kingdom” (Matthew 5-7) (Tiffany Frank, Family Life Centre)
March 25 “The Leaders of the Kingdom” (Matthew 10)(Tim Acey, Living Faith Pentecostal)
April 1 “The Look of the Kingdom” (Matthew 13)(Terri Selin, Lloyd Gospel Fellowship)
April 8 “The Life of the Kingdom” (Matthew 18)(Lyle Berg, Lloyd Gospel Fellowship)
April 15“The Last Days of This Kingdom” (Matthew 24-25)(Charles McNeil, Knox Presbyterian)