Announcements: April 10, 2011
1. Come and enjoy a ‘coffee and fellowship’ time following worship (upper hall). The coffee you drink is Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Church in Society.
2. This Week
a. Youth meets at church from 7:00-8:30 in the Monday, April 4th .
b. Loretta will be in the church April 11 for ‘energy healing’ if you would like to call her for an appointment Ph: 306-387-6601, Cell 780-808-1700
c. Worship Committee meet at 9 a.m. Monday, April 11th.
d. Whittier Eggen Unit of the U.C.W. meet at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 12th in the Upper Hall.
e. Barry Pridham Unit meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 12th in the Meeting Room.
f. Allen Darby Unit meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 13th in the Meeting Room.
3. Lenten lunch series – at Grace – Wednesdays (11:30 a.m. lunch & 12:20 service; at St. John’s – Fridays (noon)….for full details check the bulletin board or pick up information from the table in the narthex
4. Central Board meet at 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 14th in the Meeting Room.
5. ‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome! Talk to Pat Ribey for more info
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
KIDZ Choir – practice after worship
Pic Ups – May 8th & 14th –practise 9:15 a.m.
-hymn sing 10:15 a.m.
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
7. Looking ahead: Worship
April 17 – Pat Ribey
April 21 – Maundy Thursday – Tom Sawyer
April 22 – Good Friday service by Ministerial Association
April 24 – Tom Sawyer - Easter Sunday
8. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace April 10th – 13th & 21st – 24th If you would like an appointment please contact the office.
9. YOUTH NEWS
***Please mark Oct. 21-23 on your calendars as we are hosting the Sr. Youth Rally (grades 10-12) for the Alberta Northwest Conference. We will have a list of jobs posted for you to volunteer your time. Some of the jobs will include nighttime supervision, first aid support, leading a workshop, general maintenance and food preparations(no nuts here). Contact Loretta Mitchell for more information at 306-387-6601.
10. Food Pantry - Thank you for all the great donations, our Food Pantry has been extremely busy in this cold weather. This week our main needs are: **JUICE Tetr-Pak**, canned fruit, individual puddings, skim milk powder and tinned ham, tinned salmon, pork & beans and canned dinners.
• Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products – please consider this when dressing for church.
• Please turn off your cell phone
• Large print ‘More Voices’ available –ask an usher
11. Garage Sale: UCW spring garage sale Tuesday May 3rd – Thursday May 5th
12. Bulletin announcements – please have them in by Wednesday for the following Sunday
13. Tips for Seniors
Ian Parsons is the director for Zone 4 of the Alberta Provincial Association of Rural Crime Watch – through his contacts he has compiled very useful information for help for seniors.
(speaker available for talks if you are interested)
14. There are 3 lists including phone numbers and online sites:
1. Helpful Contacts
2. Contact Information
3. Top 10 Fraud Tips for Seniors
These lists are posted on the bulletin board.
For more info contact Ian 780-875-2243
15. Caring for our Church Family
16. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
17. Friendship & Visitation Committee ask that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
18. Prayer Chain
If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)
19. GRACE UNITED CHURCH
Spring Salad Smorg
Thursday – May 12, 2011
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
4708 - 50th Avenue
Advance tickets only
limited number available
Please call Carol 780-875-2479
or the Church Office 780-875-8959
20. You Can Donate
The United Church of Canada will work with partners in Japan to support on-the-ground relief and reconstruction. It is important to remember that while these immediate moments of crisis are the ones that tug at our heart strings the needs in Japan, as in any place of crisis and emergency, will continue long after relief efforts have ended and the memory of the devastation faded on the world stage. The United Church works with partners over the long term.
Any donations received at the General Council Office, designated for "Japan Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction" will be gratefully received and used to support United Church partners in this work. Donations can be made online, to your local church treasurer, or mailed to the Office of the United Church of Canada 3250 Bloor St. West, Suite 300 Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4
Donations made by United Church members, congregations, and pastoral charges to Japan Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction are considered "over and above" gifts to the United Church's wider work, so they are not recorded as part of a congregation/pastoral charge's Mission and Service Fund giving.