Announcements: April3, 2011
1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. Come and enjoy a ‘coffee and fellowship’ time following worship (upper hall). The coffee you drink is Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Church in Society.
3. This Week
*Youth meets at church from 7:00-8:30 in the Monday, April 4th .
*Loretta will be in the church April 11 for ‘energy healing’ if you would like to call her, Ph: 306-387-6601, Cell 780-808-1700
*Lenten lunch series – at Grace – Wednesdays (11:30 a.m. lunch & 12:20 service; at St. John’s – Fridays (noon)….for full details check the bulletin board or pick up information from the table in the narthex
*‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome! Talk to Pat Ribey for more info
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
KIDZ Choir – practice after worship
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
5. Looking ahead: Worship
April 10 – Tom Sawyer
April 17 – Pat Ribey
April 21 – Maundy Thursday – Tom Sawyer
April 22 – Good Friday service by Ministerial Association
April 24 – Tom Sawyer - Easter Sunday
6. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace April 10th – 13th & 21st – 24th If you would like an appointment please contact the office.
7. Caring for our Church Family: If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
8. YOUTH NEWS ***Please mark Oct. 21-23 on your calendars as we are hosting the Sr. Youth Rally (grades 10-12) for the Alberta Northwest Conference. We will have a list of jobs posted for you to volunteer your time. Some of the jobs will include nighttime supervision, first aid support, leading a workshop, general maintenance and food preparations(no nuts here). Contact Loretta Mitchell for more information at 306-387-6601.
9. Food Pantry - Thank you for all the great donations, our Food Pantry has been extremely busy in this cold weather. This week our main needs are: **JUICE Tetr-Pak**, canned fruit, individual puddings, skim milk powder and tinned ham, tinned salmon, pork & beans and canned dinners.
• Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products – please consider this when dressing for church.
• Please turn off your cell phone
• Large print ‘More Voices’ available –ask an usher
10. Garage Sale: UCW spring garage sale Tuesday May 3rd – Thursday May 5th
11. Bulletin announcements – please have them in by Wednesday for the following Sunday
12. GRACE UNITED CHURCH: Spring Salad Smorg
Thursday – May 12, 2011
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
4708 - 50th Avenue
Advance tickets only limited number available
Please call Carol 780-875-2479 or the Church Office 780-875-8959
13. You Can Donate: The United Church of Canada will work with partners in Japan to support on-the-ground relief and reconstruction now and over the long term.
Any donations received at the General Council Office, designated for "Japan Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction" will be gratefully received and used to support United Church partners in this work. Donations can be made online or mailed to: The United Church of Canada , 3250 Bloor St. West, Suite 300 Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4
Donations made by United Church members, congregations, and pastoral charges to Japan Earthquake Relief and Reconstruction are not recorded as part of a congregation or pastoral charge's Mission and Service Fund giving.
As part of The United Church's Emergency Response Fund, 85 percent of your donation will directly fund an emergency response in Japan. Fifteen percent will be used to support emergencies that do not receive intense media cover and response. No administration fees will be deducted from your donation.