Announcements: May 22, 2011
1. Central Board Meeting: Wednesday, May 25 at 4:00 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
2. Grad Committee ask that anyone knowing of grade 12 grads from our church family please contact Loretta Mitchell 306-387-6601. Grad Sunday is May 29th.
3. Looking ahead: Worship leaders
May 29 – Grad Sunday
June 5 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
June 12 - Rev. Paul DuVal
June 19 – Church in Society (lunch to follow)
June 26 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
3. Lenten Boxes
Lenten MS boxes – Bring your donations to the church office in care of Church in Society….Donations will be added to the MS givings.
4. Volunteer-Extra-ordinaire On Sunday May 15, 2011 the choir paid tribute to Gladys Jack. An annual scholarship with “The Kiwanis Lloydminster and District Music Festival” has been set up in her name. The scholarship will be presented annually to the participant who receives the highest mark in a sacred solo. Members of the congregation are welcome to donate to this scholarship to make it a long lasting tribute to a lady who has given her time, energy, enthusiasm, and expertise to this congregation since she was married in this church 60 years ago.
5. NOTICE: On Sunday May 29 and Sunday June 5 stations will be available after church for you to bring your questions, thoughts, and opinions re “Options for the Future”. A knowledgeable volunteer will be at each station.
6. Fair Booth: The Fair Booth Committee would like to remind you of these very important dates. July 13 to 16 -Colonial fair days and August 17 to 21 - Chuckwagon Finals. Volunteers are needed to phone members in regards to working in the Fair Booth. Please contact Karen Ollen 306-825-2976 if interested. Youth between and including the ages of 10 - 14 are needed to volunteer to work in grandstand sales.
Dates for making pies will be Tuesday, June 7 - 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. as well as Saturday, June 11 – 9:00 a.m.
7. United Church Women “Supply and Welfare” Update
Please save your postage stamps. These stamps are sent to the Leprosy Mission of Canada where stamp wholesalers pay $6.00 a pound for trimmed stamps. This fundraising helps make possible a cure for those suffering from leprosy. If you trim you stamps, please leave ¼ to ½ inch paper border around stamp (We accept untrimmed stamps as well).
Please save your Campbell’s Soup labels. These labels are sent to the World Mission for the Deaf for education programs (books, computers, software, band and sports equipment). The Campbell’s Soup Company of Canada accept these labels only if we send the front label with bar code intact.
Please save your used eye-glasses. The U.C.W. will pass them on to the Lion’s Club for recycling.
Please save tabs from pop cans and used foil etc. These tabs are recycled to “Tabs for Tots” Diabetic Children, to assist them financially.
Used clothing (left over from our Garage Sale) will be sent to Malawi, Africa. These people have nothing! Each parcel costs our U.C.W. approximately $100.00. Any individual who wishes to donate to this specific cause will receive an official tax receipt.
Thanks for your help!!! Collection box/drawer is in the Upper Hall.
Our sincere thanks!
8. Western Women’s Conference 2011
September 23rd to 25th or September 23rd to 27th – more details at www.naramatacentre.net
9. Central Board is forming a "task group" to prepare a draft policy on matters related to receiving, investing and using legacy gifts and bequests. If you or someone you know is interested in his project please contacts Morris Smith, Chair of Central Board.
10. Caring for our Church Family: Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
11. Friendship & Visitation Committee ask that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit, call or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
12. Prayer Chain: If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)