Announcements: June 5, 2011
1. Choir Practice at 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
2. Worship Committee The Worship committee is meeting at 9:00a.m., Tuesday, June 7, 2011 in the meeting room.
3. Alan Darby Unit will meet at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 8 in the Upper hall for chilli making – bring salads for lunch.
4. Bulletin announcements – please have them in by Wednesday for the following Sunday
5. Looking ahead: Worship leaders
June 12 - Rev. Paul DuVal
June 19 – Church in Society (lunch to follow)
June 26 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
6. NOTICE: On Sunday June 5 stations will be available after church for you to bring your questions, thoughts, and opinions re “Options for the Future”. A knowledgeable volunteer will be at each station.
7. Fair Booth: The Fair Booth Committee would like to remind you of these very important dates. July 13 to 16 -Colonial fair days and August 17 to 21 - Chuckwagon Finals. Volunteers are needed to phone members in regards to working in the Fair Booth. Please contact Karen Ollen 306-825-2976 if interested.
8. Dates for making pies will be Tuesday, June 7 - 9:00 a.m. as well as Saturday, June 11 – 10:00 a.m. Contact Barb Russell if able to help 780-875-6070.
Signup sheets are available in the Narthex.
9. Summer Fun at the Fair
Youth VOLUNTEERS needed to work in the grandstand.
- dates: July 13 – 16th – Shifts 5:30 to 8:30.
- ages 10 – 14. 12 and older get a gate pass.
- earn 10% of your grandstand sales.
- free meal after your shift.
For information or to register in advance call 780-875-7918 or e-mail – email@example.com
10. United Church Women “Supply and Welfare” Update:
*Please save your postage stamps. These stamps are sent to the Leprosy Mission of Canada where stamp wholesalers pay $6.00 a pound for trimmed stamps. This fundraising helps make possible a cure for those suffering from leprosy. If you trim you stamps, please leave ¼ to ½ inch paper border around stamp (We accept untrimmed stamps as well).
*Please save your Campbell’s Soup labels. These labels are sent to the World Mission for the Deaf for education programs (books, computers, software, band and sports equipment). The Campbell’s Soup Company of Canada accept these labels only if we send the front label with bar code intact.
*Please save your used eye-glasses. The U.C.W. will pass them on to the Lion’s Club for recycling.
*Please save tabs from pop cans and used foil etc. These tabs are recycled to “Tabs for Tots” Diabetic Children, to assist them financially.
Used clothing (left over from our Garage Sale) will be sent to Malawi, Africa. These people have nothing! Each parcel costs our U.C.W. approximately $100.00. Any individual who wishes to donate to this specific cause will receive an official tax receipt.
11. Observer – Our United Church of Canada Magazine
Time to renew our group subscription – if you would like to receive the Observer please leave a message at the office. The group rate is $20.00 – we pay the entire bill, but if you would like to help mark your donation Observer.
12. Salad Smorg: Once again the spring salad smorg was a success! Thanks to the organizing committee, everyone that donated worked and all who attended. $2,920.00 was raised.
13. Notice: An every-family telephone consultation regarding the “Options for the Future” is being planned for June and will require approximately 35 people to make the telephone contacts. (A committee is currently organizing the initiative). If you can help out, please contact Morris Smith at morrisjsmith@g mail.com or at 780 875-0724 before June 3.
14.Caring for our Church Family: Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
15. Friendship & Visitation Committee ask that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit, call or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
16. Prayer Chain: If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)
17. Western Women’s Conference 2011:
September 23rd to 25th or September 23rd to 27th – more details at www.naramatacentre.net