Announcements: August 14, 2011
1. Come and enjoy a ‘coffee and fellowship’ time following worship (upper hall). The coffee you drink is Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Church in Society.
2. Vacation Bible School – August 15-19; ages 5-12;
time 9a.m. – noon; cost ….free
You can still register: call Joyce 875-8959 or online at
3. Camp Whitney 60th Anniversary Everyone is welcome to the celebration of Camp Whitney’s 60th anniversary on September 10, 2011. Worship celebration at 3:00 p.m., barbeque at 5:00 p.m. (hamburgers and hot dogs provided – please bring desserts and salads). Campfire and fellowship to follow.
Please RSVP to Mary Royal at 780-853-4161.
4. Looking ahead: Worship leaders
Aug 21 – Joyce Dickson Aug 28 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
5. Chuckwagon Races - August 17 to 21. Workers needed for booth-
Wed. to Sat. shifts start at 4:30 and Sun. at 11:30. Call Marilyn Mann
at 306 825-2429 to volunteer.
6. We are looking for youth to work the grandstand at the Chuckwagon races August 17 to 21. Please e-mail “firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-875-7918 and leave a message before August 12.
7. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY
United Church Appeal for Horn of Africa (countries such as Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya and Somalia) Please make you cheques payable to Grace United Church and note it is for Horn of Africa," and give with your regular offerings or leave at the church office. Donations (matched by the Canadian Government until mid September) go directly to our partners such as ACT working in the area.
There are no administration fees.
8. Caring for our Church Family: Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
9. Friendship & Visitation Committee asks that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit, call or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
10. Prayer Chain: If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)