1. MUSIC THIS FALL: The Universal Language is about to begin! Starting:
Sept 9 (7:30 pm) Grace Choir
Sept 12 (9:15 am) The Pic Ups
Sept 20 (1:30 pm) Celebration Ringers
Sept 27 (7:30 pm) Grace Ringers
If you would like to take part in the music program, come at the given times or if you would like more information call Gladys Jack @ 780 875-4535.
Kidz Choir will be starting Sunday, October 17th following worship. Please call Margo Hines (875-3586) if you would like more information.
2.Roots & Wings Regional Women’s Gathering 2010: October 22nd – 24th at the Nisku Inn and Conference Center. Sponsored by Alberta Northwest conference UCW. Application forms on the bulletin board or at the office. Call Shirley 875-3996 or Diane 875-9478 to coordinate rides.
5.To Seek Justice and Resist Evil Banff Men’s Conference 2010: October 15-17, 2010 at Banff Center. Call Bill Luchynski 825-3694 to coordinate rides. Info and registration forms on bulletin board or at the office.
3. VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION EVENT
When: Sunday October 3 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Where: Grace United Church
For Whom: anyone who has ever volunteered their time for Grace United Church
Type of Event: Casual evening of food , fellowship and conversation
Your responsibility: Tell anyone you know who has ever volunteered at or for Grace United to come and bring their family ..Oh, and please remember to come yourself!!!
4. FOOD PANTRY Our Food Pantry will once again start up in October. Items needed: powdered milk, soup, juice, tuna or salmon, tinned ham or chicken, tinned fruit, tinned vegetables. NO PASTA PLEASE (we have lots). All donations to our Food Pantry are greatly appreciated.
5. Worship Leaders for October and Novemebr:
October 3: Pat Ribey
October 10: Joyce Dickson – Thanksgiving service
October 17: Rev. Dick Swaren – Baptism & Communion
October 24: Lois Greenly Burwash
November 7: United Church Women
November 14: Rev. Paul Duval – Baptism & Communion
6. Sr. High Youth Rally in Sherwood Park (Anne's church) on the weekend of Oct. 22-24. We still don't have the application forms available but they will be available on the site: www.anwconf.compublic-yayam.htm
This rally is for kids from grade 10-12.
7. October 24th – services at The Hemstock and Jubilee Home. Contact Diane or Lyle Mabbott (875-9763) if you would like to lead these services.
8. The Transition Team On Sept 15, 2010 St. Paul Presbytery approved the goals for the Interim Ministry position that had been drafted by the Transition Team. The completed document "Interim Minister's Position Description" has been sent to Earl Raeburn of AB NW Conference office and the search for an Interim Minister is taking place. This document is on the bulletin board in the Narthex for any interested person to review.
What Interim Ministers say About change:
* people must be uncomfortable enough to want change, but comfortable enough to change
* change has a lot to do with identity, if you know who you are, then you can see who you want to be
* Gossip and rumor are just as influential as the truth. So are secrets. They must be opened up.
* Wanting to heal is the beginning of change.
* Validate the down-side: accept that it is what it is
Members of the Transition Team are Darrel Howell, Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Heidi Potter, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps - Judy Frey and Lois Greenly Burwash.