1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the
world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. Lili Taqtaq will be selling handmade religious articles, made in Bethlehem out of olive wood , in the upper hall after church today.
3. We Need Some Children to Help on Christmas Eve
Dec. 24 at 6:30 is the early Christmas Eve Service. If you have children who would like to be a part of this service (non speaking parts) please talk with Joyce Dickson or Loretta Mitchell. We have need for these special parts to be filled: Mary, Joseph, Innkeeper, Shepherds and Angels. As well, it would be appreciated that you bring your children to the service between 6:00-6:15 in order to organize the participants for the service.
4. 2010 Official Tax Receipts
All donations for the year of 2010 need to be into the Church Office by closing on December 31st to be included in your 2010 official tax receipt.
5. 2011 United Church Calendars are here - $5.00 Available following church service or from the office.
6. Dec 24: Christmas Services
6:30 p.m. Christian Development
8:30 p.m. Pat Ribey worship leader
Dec 26: no service
7. Worship Committee meeting is moved to Friday January 7th @ 9:00 A.M.
8. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
To all those individuals who donated funds for the Christmas Poinsettia. A special “Thank You” to our delivery people. These are the people who present the face of the church to those who receive these lovely flowers. We always receive some notes later with thanks and great comments about visits.. Our committee purchase the flowers and do the organizing, but without each of you the poinsettia project would never happen. The committee will deliver the plants that remain here today.
Your Friendship and Visitation Committee
9. Announcements need to be in by noon on Thursday if you would like them in the bulletin for Sunday.
10. Energy or Touch Healing
Energy or Touch Healing is a multi-faceted spiritual energy that can be used to help us with meditation practices, spiritual growth, healing relationships, pain control, stress management and manifestation of goals while working with the 4 bodies: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Loretta is willing to apply and share her knowledge and skills with those brave enough to give it a try. Loretta will be in on Monday in the Meeting Room. If anyone would like to make an appointment to see Loretta call her at 306-387-6601, or 780-808-1700. She will be in from 1:00-3:00. (she will extend her hours, earlier or later, if there is interest)
11. FOOD PANTRY
Thanks to our very generous church family, the donations to our Food Pantry have been terrific. This week the items
most needed for the Food Pantry: tinned ham, tetra pak & 1 liter juice, cookies, chocolates, boxes of oranges, peanut butter, puddings, rice dinners (side Kick or equal)pancake mix, tinned pasta dinners, tinned fruit and instant noodles.
12. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
13. TRANSTITION TEAM TIDBITS:
The Transition team is pleased to announce that Grace United Church has an early Christmas Gift!!
On Monday December 6th the Transition Team and members of various church committees met with Rev.Tom Sawyer to discuss the position of Interim Ministry at Grace United Church.
On Wednesday December 8th The St. Paul Presbytery Executive met by conference call and approved the appointment of Rev. Tom Sawyer as a half-time retired supply minister for the period from January 1, 2011 until June 30, 2011. It is the intention at this time to request renewal of this appontment for a further year.
Further details to follow.
Members of the transition Team are Darrel Howell(chair), Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps - Judy Frey and Lois Greenlay Burwash.
Worship leader today – Ted Haas
Rev. Lyn Lamers – medical leave
Pianist: Lois Sonnega
Organist: Linda Anderson
Music Director: Gladys Jack
Office Manager: Mary Laursen
Envelope Secretary: Diane Davies
Church Office: 780-875-8959; fax: 780-875-5850
web site: www. graceunitedchurch.ca
Office hours: 9 a.m. – noon & 1 – 4:30 p.m.
The Church Office will be closed
December 24th, 27th and January 3rd