1. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
2. Everyone is invited upstairs after the service for a luncheon and informal gathering to welcome Rev. Tom Sawyer.
3. This Week
➢Youth Group will resume Monday, January 10th 7 – 8:30 p.m. at Grace.
➢Whittier Eggen Unit meet at 1:30 Tuesday, January 11th in the Upper Hall.
➢Rev. Barry Pridham Unit meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, January 11th in the Meeting Room.
➢Rev. Allen Darby Unit meet at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, January 12th in the Upper Hall.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
PIC UPS– Jan. 23rd 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
Grace & Celebration Ringers – to be announced
KIDZ Choir – to be announced
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
5. 2011 United Church Calendars are here - $5.00
Available following church service or from the office.
6. TRANSITION TEAM TIDBITS
The Transition Team is very pleased to welcome Rev Tom Sawyer today to his first service with us at Grace United Church.
In January Rev Tom will be in Lloydminster from Thursday January 6 thru Sunday January 9th and Sunday January 23 thru Wednesday January 26th.
Any committees or person wishing to make appointments with Rev Tom please contact the church office.
Members of the transition Team are Darrel Howell(chair), Shirley Aston, Brenda Ellison, Bill Luchynski, Marilyn Young, Greg Weaver and Presbytery reps - Judy Frey and Lois Greenlay Burwash.
7. UCW News
a. There will be a potluck supper for the ANNUAL UCW MEETING Monday, January 31, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. Plan to attend!!!
b. General UCW has set the following dates for 2011:
-Spring Garage Sale – May 3, 4 & 5, 2011
-Lunch with a Bunch – September 12, 2011
-Fall Garage Sale – October 4, 5 & 6, 2011
8. Looking ahead: Worship
January 16 – communion – Ted Haas
January 23 – Tom Sawyer
January 30 – Joyce Dickson
February 6 – Tom Sawyer
9. Energy or Touch Healing
Energy or Touch Healing is a multi-faceted spiritual energy that can be used to help us with meditation practices, spiritual growth, healing relationships, pain control, stress management and manifestation of goals while working with the 4 bodies: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Loretta is willing to apply and share her knowledge and skills with those brave enough to give it a try. Loretta will be in on Monday in the Meeting Room. If anyone would like to make an appointment to see Loretta call her at 306-387-6601, or 780-808-1700. She will be in from 1:00-3:00. (she will extend her hours, earlier or later, if there is interest)
10. Our most important needs for the Food Pantry this week are:
Tinned fruit Spaghetti sauce
Macaroni Tinned ham
Instant noodles Rice dinners
Individual puddings Cold cereal
Tinned dinners (ravioli, spaghetti etc.)
11. ****Announcements – please have them in on Wednesday for the Sunday bulletin
12. If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
13. Some members of our congregation are allergic to scented products so please consider this when dressing for church.
14. “Come Drink from the Well”
A spirit-filled one day retreat
February 5, 2011, Grace United Church
9 AM-registration with refreshments
Retreat: 9.30 AM- 4 PM lunch included
Text: Luke 10: 38-42- we’ll explore two aspects of who we are: Martha (the worker) and Mary (the one who rests/contemplates).
A time of fun and renewal, and our souls will be fed through worship, singing, discussion, drumming, fun activities and eating together.
You are asked to bring 1 or 2 short funny jokes and an object that symbolizes the meaning of your work & life right now
Please register by January 31 with
Facilitator: Pat Ribey 306-825-0112