1. This Week
➢Please call Loretta @ 306-387-6601 (home) or 780-808-1700 (Cell) if you would like to make a Healing Touch appointment with her Mondays at the church.
➢Youth Group meet Monday 7 – 8:30 p.m.
➢Finance Committee will not meet this week.
➢Central Board meet at 4 p.m. Wednesday, February 23rd in the Meeting Room. Minutes have been emailed (if you do not have email please pick them up at the office)
➢‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome!
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Pic Ups – Feb 27th- 9:15 to practice; 10:15 sing-a-long
KIDZ Choir – do not meet today
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
3. Deadline for application for the Jr. Youth Rally in Ft. Sask., AB is Feb. 24. The rally is March 4-6 and we have, so far, 3 youth attending. Hope to see a couple more kids join us. Please call Loretta Mitchell for more information, 306-387-6601
4. Pat Ribey will do a drumming circle with the Sunday school children during the worship service on Sunday Feb. 27th. This will be held downstairs in the church. All Sunday school children are welcome.
5. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace March 13th to 16th - if you would like an appointment please contact the office.
6. Looking ahead: Worship
February 27 – Joyce Dickson
March 6 – Rev. Lorne Calvert (St. Andrew’s College)
March 13 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
March 20 – Pat Ribey
March 27 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
7. Allen Darby Unit would like to thank you for your generous support of their fundraiser luncheon last Sunday. We realized a profit of $792.17. The funds will be divided between Fusindo (school in Bolivia) and Pueblito (a Latin America charity)
8. General UCW has set the following dates for 2011:
Spring Garage Sale – May 3, 4 & 5, 2011
Lunch with a Bunch – September 12, 2011
Fall Garage Sale – October 4, 5 & 6, 2011
9. Food Pantry
Thanks to everyone for your tremendous response to our request for food donations and cash donations, as always our wonderful Grace family has come through. We were very busy again this past week. Our most important needs for this week are - Individual puddings, cold cereal, peanut butter, pork & beans, tinned dinners (ravioli etc.), tuna, tinned ham and canned fruit. God Bless all of you.
10. Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex indicating first names only for individuals.
If you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. We do not have access to this information unless you tell us. (We have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital.)
11. Parcels for Malawi: The Pridham UCW Unit is looking for small quilt squares to put in the parcels to Malawi. If you are able to knit/crochet some please bring them to the church and label them "Parcels for Malawi". We will collect them and put them in the parcels when they are shipped in May.
12. Pastoral Care Workshop sponsored by
the Friendship and Visitation Committee
Saturday, March 26th
Grace United Church - Lloydminster
Leaders - Rev Anne Pastuk, Rev. Alan Richards
Whether you visit as a friend, a family member, for the church or an organization the information provided at this workshop will be very helpful.
o A nominal fee will be charged
o Watch for more information in the coming weeks.
1. This Week