1. This Week
a. Youth meets at church from 7:00-8:30 in the Monday, April 4th
b. Loretta will be in the church April 18th for ‘energy healing’ if you would like to call her for an appointment Ph: 306-387-6601, Cell 780-808-1700
c. Gilchrist Struthers Unit meet at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday, April 19th in the Meeting Room
2. Attention Everyone:
We will be celebrating Maundy Thursday, April 21st at 6:30 p.m. with a Passover Seder Meal with Rev. Tom Sawyer as leader, followed by a Potluck Supper. If you would like to attend please contact the church office and leave your name so we know how much food to prepare.
3. ‘Living the Question’ study 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Everyone welcome! Talk to Pat Ribey for more info
4. Food Pantry - Thank you for all the great donations, our Food Pantry has been extremely busy. This week our main needs are: canned dinners, spaghetti, vegetables macaroni and macaroni.
Celebration Ringers – Monday 1:30 p.m.
Grace Ringers – Monday 7:30 p.m.
Grace Choir – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
KIDZ Choir – practice after worship
Pic Ups – May 8th & 14th –practise 9:15 a.m. and hymn sing 10:15 a.m.
For more information contact Gladys Jack 875-4535
6. Central Board is forming a "task group" to prepare a draft policy on matters related to receiving, investing and using legacy gifts and bequests. If you or someone you know is interested in his project, please contact Morris Smith, Chair of Central Board.
7. Looking ahead: Worship
April 21 – Maundy Thursday – Tom Sawyer
April 22 – Good Friday service by Ministerial Association
April 24 – Tom Sawyer - Easter Sunday
8. Rev. Tom Sawyer will be at Grace April 21st – 24th If you would like an appointment please contact the office.
9. YOUTH NEWS
***Please mark Oct. 21-23 on your calendars as we are hosting the Sr. Youth Rally (grades 10-12) for the Alberta Northwest Conference. We will have a list of jobs posted for you to volunteer your time. Some of the jobs will include nighttime supervision, first aid support, leading a workshop, general maintenance and food preparations(no nuts here). Contact Loretta Mitchell for more information at 306-387-6601.
10. Bulletin announcements – please have them in by Wednesday for the following Sunday
11. Tips for Seniors
Ian Parsons is the director for Zone 4 of the Alberta Provincial Association of Rural Crime Watch – through his contacts he has compiled very useful information for help for seniors.
(speaker available for talks if you are interested)
There are 3 lists including phone numbers and online sites:
1. Helpful Contacts
2. Contact Information
3. Top 10 Fraud Tips for Seniors
These lists are posted on the bulletin board.
For more info contact Ian 780-875-2243
12. Caring for our Church Family
Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
13. Friendship & Visitation Committee ask that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit, call or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
14. Prayer Chain If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)
15. GRACE UNITED CHURCH
Spring Salad Smorg
Thursday – May 12, 2011
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
4708 - 50th Avenue
Advance tickets only
limited number available
Please call Carol 780-875-2479
or the Church Office 780-875-8959
16. Spring Garage Sale
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2 – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 4th, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
and Thursday May 5th, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Donations of clean, miscellaneous household items, kitchen items, books and furniture are welcome. Clothing may also be donated provided articles are seasonable and up to date. (No shoes or boots). We are in need of plastic grocery or clothing bags. If you wish to have your items picked up on Monday, May 1st, please call and leave your name at the church office at 780-875-8959. Preferred times for dropping off donations for the Garage Sale: Monday, May 1st.
17. HELP NEEDED: Men & women to set up for the sale on Monday, May 1st at 7:00 p.m. We also welcome any women of the church not currently a member of the UCW, if you have any free time to come out & help for one hour or a few hours to help sort & organize or work at the sale please call Mary at the office 875-8959.
1. This Week