1. This Week:
***Call Loretta if you would like to set up an ‘energy healing’ appointment. 306-387-6601, Cell 780-808-1700
2.Vacation Bible School – August 15 – 19 is Vacation Bible School at Grace. We are getting very excited and hope you are too. We will require some assistance from the congregation in the form of volunteers.
We will compile a list in the near future of items we need to borrow or have donated for our fun week.
We are also needing about 12 – 16 people, (youth and adults) who would enjoy spending the morning with the crews of participants. Please contact Joyce Dickson if you would like to volunteer.
A fun time will be had by all as we discover that God is Wild about you!
3. Invitation to assist with cost of shopping seeds – Seedsforfood.org. is an organization that collects and ships packages of vegetable locations in Africa for planting season in September and February. Church in Society has received from Peavy Mart all their leftover seeds, approximately 6 kilos. We will ship these seeds to Belgium, seedsforfood.org headquarters who will send them on to the appropriate locations for planting. The cost5 will be about #120.00
We invite members to assist us with the cost of shipping these 6 kilos of seeds. Donations may be left with Joyce Dickson or the church office. Thank you.
4. Looking ahead: Worship leaders
July 31 – Joyce Dickson
Aug 7 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
Aug 14 – Joyce Dickson
Aug 21 – Joyce Dickson
Aug 28 – Rev. Tom Sawyer
5. Summer Office Hours The office will be closing at noon on Friday for the months of July and August.
6. Walk 4 justice will be passing through Lloydminster on July 14 and on to Onion Lake Pow Wow. They are resuming their walk July 17th and continuing through Maidstone and on to Ottawa. They are supported through each community they travel by people raising funds and providing basic life necessities. Church in Society is donating our monies raised from our Bannock Taco lunch on June 19th to support this worthy cause
7. Fair Booth: Fair booth clean ups are for Wednesday, July 6th at 6:30 p.m. and Thursday, July 7th at 1:30 p.m. We need help getting the booth ready for the fair, so if you or someone you know, can help please come out. Call Karen Ollen at 306-825-2976 if you have any questions. There is also a cleanup scheduled for July 18th at 1:30 p.m. to clean up after the fair.
8. Fair passes available for pickup at the church office Monday, July 11, 2011 after 1:00 p.m...
9. Summer Fun at the Fair Youth VOLUNTEERS needed to work in the grandstand.
- dates: July 13 – 16th – Shifts 5:30 to 8:30.
- ages 10 – 14. 12 and older get a gate pass.
- earn 10% of your grandstand sales.
- free meal after your shift.
For information or to register in advance call 780-875-7918 or e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Caring for our Church Family
Any prayer requests for the day, any joys or concerns you might have for yourself, someone you care about, this community, or the world will be raised up to God as our ‘prayers of the people’. Please write your requests for prayers on the board in the narthex.
11. Friendship & Visitation Committee asks that if you have a family member or know of someone who is ill in hospital or at home, please call the office and let us know. Rev. Tom and members of our Friendship and Visitation Committee would like to offer support with a visit, call or card but only have access to this information from you. (we have no access to the forms you fill out at the hospital)
12. Prayer Chain
If you would like someone remembered in prayer, please contact Helen Murdoch (875-2929) or leave the name on the collection plate or at the office (please indicate for prayer chain)
13. Camp Whitney 60th Anniversary Everyone is welcome to the celebration of Camp Whitney’s 60th anniversary on September 10, 2011. Worship celebration at 3:00 p.m.,
barbeque at 5:00 p.m. (hamburgers and hot dogs provided – please bring desserts and salads). Campfire and fellowship to follow.
Please RSVP to Mary Royal at 780-853-4161.
14. EASY METHODS OF GIVING
For your convenience: There are many ways to set up your offering – official tax receipts are issued for all offerings to the church…..
Offerings Envelopes for weekly or monthly giving. If you wish to use envelopes for weekly or monthly donations, please see Diane Davies or call the Church office. A year end tax receipt and periodic ‘statements of givings’ are issued throughout the year.
PAR – Pre-authorized Remittance
We have this option available at Grace United for your offering. The withdrawal is made monthly around the 20th of the month. Interim ‘statement of givings’ will be issued periodically and an Oficial tax receipt will be issued at the end of the year. The amount authorized for giving can be changed or stopped at any time at the Church Office. If you have any questions or wish to sign up to use this method of giving please call the Church office.
Direct Giving - Drop your cheque (cash) off at the Church office, mail it in or drop it in the offering plate with directions as to what funds you would like the money to go to (for example, general fund, Mission and Service Fund, etc.) and an official tax receipt will be issued immediately.
1. This Week: